Most people would agree that the best way to live is to shut out all forms of negativity from your life, but, in today’s online world. where bad news is instantly shared with the whole world, it is difficult to experience sustained bliss, until all negative links on the web are removed completely (or at least pushed way, way down the pages of Search Engine Result Pages.
In this post, Alan Safahi, San Francisco businessman and SEO expert, will share a few ways to get rid of negative links, controlling what is being said about you and controlling your online reputation.
Everyone wants a happy life and no one wants a life surrounded of negativity, so why put up or ignore various negative links online that may damage your reputation?
Here are a few ways that Alan Safahi suggests you can get rid of negative links and live a happier life;
- Set up your goals and make getting rid of negative links a priority. It’s very easy to say you want to get rid of negative links, but it takes effort to really achieve this, so make this a priority, this way you will be able to put in enough energy and effort into achieving this goal.
- Do your research and tabulate a list of all negative links in a spreadsheet , along with their position on the SERP.
- Contact the webmaster of the site t with the negative links or the author of the negative post and ask them to remove the link. It is sometimes as easy as that and there is no harm in asking, according to Alan Safahi .
- If the link is not removed within a couple of weeks, contact Google and submit a request to disavow the link if the post violates their policies.
- Consider taking legal actions against the site if they are breaking any laws such as privacy laws.
- Promote positive links about yourself with various SEO strategies to push down the relevance of the negative links. Below are a couple of sources of information that can help you with this:
In addition to the above steps, there are also a few things you can do in general to live happy and positive life, according to happiness guru Alan Safahi:
- Start thinking positively
Thinking positively is the first step to getting rid of negative links because it takes the negative emotions out of the way and puts you on the logical and rational path of getting rid of the negative links. Someone who thinks positively is always happy even when there is nothing to be happy about.
- Be mindful of the company you keep
Bad company, they say, corrupts good morals so you have to surround yourself with people of like mind. If you keep people that always preach negativity around you, there won’t be a way for you to avoid negative thoughts, but if you surround yourself with people that think positively, you will be influenced into thinking positively instead of doing otherwise.
- Set boundaries
This might be a bit difficult to carry out, but it’s a little price to pay for salvation. When someone is always bringing negative vibes around, You have to avoid such a person and set a boundary for them, even if it might cost you your relationship with that person, your happiness is the most important thing.
- Speak positively
When you constantly proclaim a certain idea, it becomes reality and an important part of you, so speak positivity into existence. It Is counterproductive to think positively but speak negatively. You have to express your positive thoughts verbally with the confidence that it would happen, says Alan Safahi.
- Practice positivity
“Spreading positive joy in everyday life and acknowledging the goodness in others, creates a positive source of energy or Karma that boomerangs back to help you feel even more energized and fulfilled” according to Alan Safahi.
Whether online or offline, it should always be one’s goal to live a happy life free of negativity and any forms of bad energy. Zoroastrians believe, good thoughts, good words and good deeds are necessary to ensure happiness in life. Alan Safahi believes that they also make life a lot more interesting and rewarding.